Kelowna fire crews douse HVAC fire at Kelowna General Hospital – Kelowna News

Small fire snuffed at KGH

The Kelowna Fire Department responded to a small fire at Kelowna General Hospital Tuesday morning.

The incident happened just after 5:30 a.m. when fire crews responded to a report of smoke in the hospital’s Centennial.

“First arriving crews, with the assistance of KGH security and maintenance personnel, were able to locate an HVAC fan motor that had overheated and charred,” said Micah Volk, platoon captain with the Kelowna Fire Department.

Damage was isolated to the HVAC equipment. Crews searched the surrounding area to make sure the fire did not spread and there was no heat damage.

The fire department responded with five engines, two ladders, one rescue unit, and one command unit along with 23 firefighters.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *